The installation of PMC is done, now we see how to configure it and use PMC on an ubuntu 12.04lts desktop edition. Remember, to open it we’ve to use the URL http://IP-ADDRESS:32400/manage/index.html on your browser :
after the installation we see how to set it and how to use a client to view the media files. Add the path where we had to copy media files
after that, it’s time to install a client, but the PMC’s staff has not create a client for Linux yet. To resolve the issue we can use the Plex Media Center for windows with Wine. Enter the following lines of code. This will add the repository, update and install wine:
$: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa $: sudo apt-get update $: sudo apt-get install wine1.5
After this is complete, run the following command.
$: winetricks vcrun2010
then make the following sentences:
- Right click on the “exe” file, go to “Properties”.
- Click on the “Permissions” tab and check the box that says “Allow executing file as program”, then click close.
- Right click on the file again, this time click “Open with Wine Windows Program Language”.
- The installer should start up, follow the prompts.
- Important when you get to the “Choose Components” uncheck the Visual c++ 2010 option
- Once installed will be in Applications > Wine > Programs > Plex Media Center
the above picture is not mine but it appears like that on my ubuntu 12.04lts desktop edition
I hope PMC’s staff one day will realize a client for Linux.
“cya to the next 1…. Njoy !”